Wednesday 15 May 2013

It's Been A While ........ :-)

Well this really has been too long!

In between changing jobs, starting a new management course and going on holiday, I decided in my infinite wisdom to become a bodybuilding baker!

If anyone decides they want to follow in these footsteps, heed my advice ... don't do it!! I never realised how much self control I had until I embarked on this crazy journey, now, I can keep myself from sneaking a peak at Christmas presents under the tree, I can even stop myself from buying new shoes every pay day . . . but steering away from a Mr. Whippy ice-cream cupcake . . . . I'd honestly kill for less.

It's a crime, I'm almost sure of it. Nothing short of a miracle is stopping me from breaking this zero-carb diet and cramming my mouth full of buttercream frosting and chocolate cake, however, end results  . . . . most definitely worth it, although I do admit the blogging and baking has suffered.

Now I have settled into routine and my self control has decided to man up, it's time to get back to what I enjoy the most :-)

I've missed that Saturday morning smell of hot baking vanilla cupcakes filling the house! I've missed the peace and tranquility of being alone in the kitchen with my thoughts and most of all . . .I've missed CAKE!!!!!!


I can't honestly say I dont enjoy it though, I enjoy the buzz and I love the end result . . . . but I really, really, REALLY just want to survive life in a onesie, watching questionable TV with a slice of cake and an electric blanket!!

For the meantime, I'll stop my complaining and come back soon with new cake pics :-)

Cakey Hugs and Kisses,

Vici xx

No comments:

Post a Comment