Tuesday 23 August 2011

Quick, Simple and Scrummy Cake :-)

So I wanted to make a quick, simple and scrummy cake! Something yummy, and fast. When I want cake, I really want cake, it's like a life or death situation!

So I made something cheerful and perfect for a birthday party and it only took an hour :-)

Vanilla Buttercream with Smarties :-) Perfect for a birthday party or just a little bit of pigging out on a sunday afternoon with a cup of tea (I prefer a lot of pigging out!!)

Ingredients

Vanilla Sponge:
6oz self raising flour
6oz caster sugar
6oz margerine / flour
3 x large eggs
2 x tbsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together until pale and fluffy and divide between 2 x sandwich tins. Place in a pre-heated oven on gas 5 for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean

Vanilla Buttercream:
6oz Butter
12oz Icing Sugar
2 x tsp Vanilla Extract

Mix together until fluffy ans smooth, pipe half of the mixture in the middle of the two sponges and use the remaining buttercream to decorate the top of the cake - add sweeties to decorate, I chose smarties :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment