Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sexy Strawberry Cupcakes :-)

I thought about the perfect present to give to my friend for her birthday and I came up with something just as lush as she is - Sexy Strawberry Cupcakes!

I did settle on this idea until I threw some vanilla cakes into the mix as well! I think they look gorgeous and the leopard print cases top it all off spectacularly!!

The finished product! Fabulous cakes for a fabulous lady!!

Ingredients

Vanilla Sponge:
4oz self raising flour
4oz caster sugar
4oz margerine / butter
2 large eggs
2 x tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together until pale and fluffy. Split between 12 cupcake cases and place into a pre-heated oven on gas mark 4 for 20 minutes or until springy under finger.

Buttercream
Strawberry - I use 2 x tsps Dr Oetker strawberry flavouring (you can add to taste)
Vanilla - I use 2 x tsps vanilla extract (you can add to taste)

4oz unsalted butter
8oz Icing Sugar

Mix together until light and creamy and add flavouring to taste - pipe lovingly on top of the cooled cupcakes and add colourful sprinkles!



No comments:

Post a Comment