Thursday 21 June 2012

Avid or Obsessive? :-)

I'm in a pondering kind of mood, is there a fine line between avid baker and obsessed with cakiness? If there is....... im definately the latter.

I want to up sticks and move to the spectacularly cakey America, open my own corner cakey shop and be told how awesome the shop is and how quirky that im British. This is of course, until I wake up and realise, this is Britain, it is raining and the only shop i'll get is Asda to buy my ingredients.

Is there a better place than America for cake? Debatable. It doesn't seem to have taken on so much here as it appears to on the better side of the Atlantic.

To live the American dream and knock around with the likes of Ina Garten, Cookbook Queen and Bakerella, obviously they all live near my house and they all come to dinner.

I have decided that the two people to have to dinner have to be Kristan (confessionsofacookbookqueen) and Bakerella. It's my dinner party, no-one else is invited and there is no savoury food allowed. This is my party and i'll have cake if I want to!

So .... back to the baking,

Bakerella has so many ideas and i'd also like to add the patience of a saint and a damn good photographer!!  I agree that there is definately an occasion for cakepops, but there is always an occasion for cake and I always get sidetracked from cakepops to make cake.

But I find my thoughts drifting into the cakepop side of things recently and feel that I should definately concentrate more effort into the lovely cakey popiness.

I've done my basic cakepops and im in love with Bakerella's cake  pop book so keep checking in for more soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment