Tuesday 19 June 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes :-)

Chocolate, the way to my heart, the way to every womans heart!!

Along with shoes, handbags and diamonds! Although chocolate has a much nicer price tag!!

I adore chocolate, be it milk, dark or white! It can be hot, cold, freezing, piped, as a topping, a filling or on toast. In all its many shapes and forms, I love them all.

A dense sticky sponge with a super sweet swirl of chocolate buttercream ......... who could wish for more?!


Ingredients:-

Chocolate Sponge

* 4 medium eggs
* 7oz self raising flour
* 7oz caster sugar
* 1tsp vanilla essence
* 1tbsp cocoa powder

Chocolate Buttercream

* 2tbsp cocoa powder
* 4oz softened unsalted butter
* 4oz icing sugar

I'm a lazy baker, i'll admit that. I like the good old fashioned, stick it all in the mixer and let that do the hard work whilst I sit back and have a cup of tea method! I wont deny that, but I also wont deny that i'm a complete perfectionist when it comes to the food I am willing to put in front of someone to try!

I was petrified of making mint chocolate cupcakes after being told they'd be like toothpaste on top of chocolate cake!

The end result of making these? Im not happy with the photographic equipment! Thankfully for me, I have parental input in the form of my dad to supply the necessary goods which came in the form of a mini photo booth for my spectacular little cakies! Finally justice for the baked goods!! Thankyou Dad!! :-)

Much better photo's from this point forth!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment